2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Search Query with Location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Suppose My Targeted locations is California. My campaigns settings target: People in my targeted location. and Exclude: People in, searching for, or who show interest in my excluded location. With this setting is it possible that my ads shown to the people whose search query includes location term outside my targeted location.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dhiraj K
September 2015

Re: Search Query with Location

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;
Once you target a location, all locations outside the targeted region are excluded by default.
So, in this specific case, if your setting is:"People in my targeted location." your ad will be shown only to users who physically present in California

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Search Query with Location

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

If you are more concerned about the people who would enter the location in their search query, then you might pick up the advanced location which says People searching for or who show interest in my targeted location. This setting would specifically be targeted towards the user segment who would show interest in your target location in their search queries.

Exclusion option is only for the locations that you would actually exclude. Also note that your excluded location should be from within your targeted region.

Read more about advanced location settings here:- https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?hl=en&vid=1-635769649426756857-50606592

Pankaj