AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Search Query - .com

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

1. Suppose we are getting in search term we are seeing :  hotel com     

Does this mean search query is typed by visitor is :  hotel.com

2.  Now what should we put in keywords, suppose there is lot of search query by this term.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search Query - .com

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jeewan,
If you are seeing search term hotel com it means search query typed by visitor is also hotel com not hotel.com.

*Add this keyword in relevant ad group or create specific ad group and add hotel com and other related keywords.

Thanks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jeewan,
To add to Santosh's great answer, if that Keyword is a Keyword that performs well for you, I suggest you add it as a Keyword to your Account. If it's a Keyword that does not perform well for you, you may consider adding it as a Negative Keyword.

If it performs well for you, I would add it as hotel com, and I would also include variations such as hotel.com, www.hotel.com, etc.

Final thought, depending on your AdWords Campaign Settings, you may be matching into close variants when using Phrase and Exact Match - make sure you know how your Campaign Settings are and then build your Keyword lists accordingly -
http://adwords.blogspot.com/2012/04/new-matching-behavior-for-phrase-and.html

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
@vkore91 and @santosh s Thank you very much for the reply, But when I add hotel com, speech bubble says not showing ad for this keyword, rather showing for hotel

And when i add hotel.com then speech bubble says showing your ad.

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

I'm afraid I have to disagree with the previous responses.  The AdWords program usually ignores punctuation in a keyword or a search term.

That means the program reads hotel.com as hotel com.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
@Thersesa_zook you are 100% correct, it does that only, And we have to add : hotel.com as keyword.