Guide Me
star_border

Search Query - .com

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

1. Suppose we are getting in search term we are seeing :  hotel com     

Does this mean search query is typed by visitor is :  hotel.com

2.  Now what should we put in keywords, suppose there is lot of search query by this term.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search Query - .com

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jeewan,
If you are seeing search term hotel com it means search query typed by visitor is also hotel com not hotel.com.

*Add this keyword in relevant ad group or create specific ad group and add hotel com and other related keywords.

Thanks

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Jeewan,
To add to Santosh's great answer, if that Keyword is a Keyword that performs well for you, I suggest you add it as a Keyword to your Account. If it's a Keyword that does not perform well for you, you may consider adding it as a Negative Keyword.

If it performs well for you, I would add it as hotel com, and I would also include variations such as hotel.com, www.hotel.com, etc.

Final thought, depending on your AdWords Campaign Settings, you may be matching into close variants when using Phrase and Exact Match - make sure you know how your Campaign Settings are and then build your Keyword lists accordingly -
http://adwords.blogspot.com/2012/04/new-matching-behavior-for-phrase-and.html

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
@vkore91 and @santosh s Thank you very much for the reply, But when I add hotel com, speech bubble says not showing ad for this keyword, rather showing for hotel

And when i add hotel.com then speech bubble says showing your ad.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

I'm afraid I have to disagree with the previous responses.  The AdWords program usually ignores punctuation in a keyword or a search term.

That means the program reads hotel.com as hotel com.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
@Thersesa_zook you are 100% correct, it does that only, And we have to add : hotel.com as keyword.