AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Search Query Reports - Added Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to know why Google says a search term is added within a Search Query report - however it isn't! Is this due to match typing as the search term forms part of another keyword I'm appearing on? What determines if a keyword is added or not is basically my questions.

Any insight/help greatly appreciated!

Dunstan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search Query Reports - Added Keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Dunstan,

Welcome to the adwords CommunitySmiley Happy

There is a column in a Search Query Report (SQR) -“Added/Excluded”.
In this column you will follow the three terms:-
1.) Added:- Added means the Search term that you have seen is added in your ad Group( It is also possible that either you manually add the keywords from the SQR and already added in your keyword list of the adgroup).
It could be Broad or Exact match. If the Search term match type reflects- Exact match, means this keyword is added in your ad group with exact match type and the same search term phrase, has been searched, that is already added in your adgroup with phrase or broad match type.
Where as if the Search Terms reflect- broad match/ phrase match, means this keyword has been triggered from the keyword that is either broad or phrase match.

2.) None: - None Search Query is those that have been not added in the keyword list.
But it has only two match type- Broad and Phrase Match Type.

3.) Excluded:- Means this search terms has been excluded from the campaigns/ad Group. It can be also three match type:-Braod/Phrase/Exact match type.

4.)Added-Excluded:- The search term that has been already added in your keyword list of ad group with different match type but now you have exclude the keywords from the list.

Note:-In some scenario you have seen that exact match search term is showing excluded means that keyword is excluded from the campaigns level.
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for this info but I am actually seeing the same problem.

In a specific ad group I have clicked on Details, then All (under Search Terms). With this view of all the keywords that have triggered any of the ads in the ad group, I am seeing a keyword which has triggered an ad on exact match and has "Added" highlighted in green in the Added/Excluded column.

Upon looking through my original list in the normal view for the same ad group, I can't find that keyword (that was marked as Added in the Search Query Report) in the ad group keyword list at all (and I have looked through both live and paused keywords).

Why is this? Is there a view that i am missing?

Thanks,

Anu.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rakesh,

How can i get this column "Added/Excluded" in CSV from google Adwords API ?

Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi!

I have the same question. How can I get the column "Added/Excluded" from Search Query Performance Report? Is it possible? There is other report?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Enrique,

How can I get the column "Added/Excluded" from SQR".
It Seems you are trying to pull out this report under Dimension tab. If You will pull this report from keywords tab, AdWords by-default shows this column.
Go to the keywords Tab>> select particular keywords>> then Go to the "Detail" tab
1.) Then select the Selected under Search Terms, if you want to see the SQR of selected keywords.
2.) Or Select ALL, when you want to see the SQR of All Keywords.

Please follow the below link for more info:-
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’