1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Search Partner Network and Quality Score - Finding a straight answer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I seem to recall a page in the AdWords Support docs stating that performance on the Search Partner network was not taken into account for Google Search Quality Scores. It was phrased along the lines of "performance on the specific search partner is used only".

I cannot seem to locate this page anyore. Has the algorithm been adjusted, or the page simply removed?

Does anyone have a link to the AdWords documentation that gives a straight answer about this?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search Partner Network and Quality Score - Finding a straight answ

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello; and welcome;

The most comprehensive discussion about the method for calculating QS, by a Google rep, revealing some of the behind the scenes is this one:

Ingredients of the Quality Score sauce

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Search Partner Network and Quality Score - Finding a straight answ

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi nickdrewe,

The QS you see in the AdWords UI is based on Google search only and does not consider the Search Partners.

However, that does not mean that you do not have a QS on the Search Partners, and it does not mean that the QS from Google search is used on Search Partners. QS is not static, it is calculated for each ad placement--that includes Search Partners and the Display Network--but we don't actually get to see that QS. On Search Partners, a QS will be calculated for each query submitted. In that case, the QS is based on performance on that particular web site.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords