AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Search Network with Display Select - Mandatory?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello - 

I recently took a cal from our Google rep and was informed of the new "Search Network with Display Select" however he also mentioned it was mandatory, but I read in another thread that current accounts will not be affected. Can someone confirm if this is true? Will the Search & Display no longer be available for future use?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Chassity

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search Network with Display Select - Mandatory?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Chassity, as far as Search and Display network choices go for Campaigns, you should see 3.

Search Only

Display Only

Search and Display Select

So in that respect, yes, there's no longer any "ordinary" Search and Display choice.  However, I would never recommend using this type of Campaign anyway as the Search and Display networks behave quite differently and will usually involve different performance optimisation.  If you want to show your Ads on both networks, I'd recommend either creating separate Campaigns for each, or using the new Search & Display select type.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Search Network with Display Select - Mandatory?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi

for a straignt answer its not mandatory, as Cobnut said its better to run separate campaigns so you can measure results well than in search and display select, however if you are new advertiser I advice you to use earch and display select because it do most of the things automatically by default