AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Search Network with Display Select - How to exclude mobile traffic

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I am targeting one of my campaign with Search Network with Display Select for desktop and mobile users. Here the problem is, I am getting decent traffic from mobile but the conversion rate on mobile from display network is very poor where from search the conversion rate is under my CPA control. 

Hence I would like to exclude mobile traffic for display network so is there is any option to exclude mobile traffic without changing my campaign setting.

Thanks,

Satya

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search Network with Display Select - How to exclude mobile traffic

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Satya,

If I'm understanding your account structure correctly then you need to set a mobile bid of -100% to stop it running.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for the quick trunaround Scotty,

If we can adjust bid as -100% for mobile bids. Its stop showing ads on Mobile but I want show my ads on Mobile for search network user but not on display network.

I know we can change campaign setting from Search Network with Display Select to Search network only then show the ads on Mobile but with changing my campaign network is there is any option to stop showing ads on Mobile for display network users.

Thanks,
Satya

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Sorry Satya, I understand your situation better now.

I personally don't think there is a way of being able to stop it running on one of the networks within the same campaign but one workaround (although most likely not favourable) is to duplicate the existing campaign so that you are able to split the search and display network. That way you will be able to have more control over your device bidding per each network.

So the quickest way would be:

1.) Go into AdWords Editor.
2.) Copy and paste the campaign in question.
3.) Disable the search network on one and then disable the display network on the other.
4.) Change the mobile bids according to what you want.
5.) Run through each campaign to ensure everything is in place correctly since the split.

I just want to warn you that this could influence your performance negatively though as AdWords is delicate when it comes to account restructure like this.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Satya,

I agree with Scotty here. It's not possible to opt out of mobile display targeting within a campaign. You can add: adsenseformobileapps.com as an excluded placement to ensure your ads don't appear on mobile apps, but there's no way to opt out of all mobile display traffic. 

As Scotty mentioned, I think the only solution would be to create a search campaign for all devices, and a display campaign with a -100% bid adjustment for mobiles.

Hope this helps!