AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Search Exact Match IS is high but Search Lost is still high also

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am a newbie to Google Adword, so I have 2 questions as follow:

1. I run a CPC campaign with a purpose to improve traffic to a website. The necessary statistics are generally good: Search Exact match IS, average position and quality score are good, no search lost due to budget. But my search lost IS due to rank is still high (I include the picture below). So can you explain why and what should I do to decrease search lost IS due to Rank? How to improve search exact match IS?

** I also notice that Search exact match IS of Phrase keyword is usually lower than other keyword match types. Do you have the same problem?

Search Exact Match IS.JPG

2. In another campaign, at level campaign I can see data of search IS and search lost (both rank and budget), but in ad group level I can't see data of search lost due to rank (no matter my date range is 1 month or 1 year). Have you had the same problem? If yes, do you know why and how to deal with it?

3. For example, you have a lipstick ad group. In this ad group, the keyword is "non-lead lipstick" and has 3 keyword match types for it (BMM, Phrase, Exact). So when customer's search querry is non-lead lipstick, will Google recognize it as an exact match or phrase match and BMM match?

Because as I understand from a google document, it can be count as exact match and pharse match as well. I am a bit confused about it.

I am looking for your help.

Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Search Exact Match IS is high but Search Lost is still high also

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @My D;

Pretty good metrics;

The exact match IS, IMHO, is a better indication of performances than impression share, which has a broad estimate for the "eligible auction".  (The exact match  includes in the denominator only exact phrase keywords, while IS includes also synonyms of the keyword. So, I would look into the exact match IS as one of the metrics  of keywords performances.)

Generally speaking The keyword that, is matched to a search term  is the one with the highest ad-rank (with some exceptions), So bid higher on exact match keywords.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your help @MosheTLV 

May I ask what IMHO stand for? And do you have any idea with my second question? I already ask aound but noone has given me an answer Smiley Sad

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again

IMHO = In my (humble) opinion;

Search lost IS  (budget) is only available at the campaign level.

Search lost IS  (rank) is shown at the ad-group level only if you don't run out of budget during the date range selected;

Read more:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7103314

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’