AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Script to Pause Multiple Campaigns when they reach a combined total monthly budget

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

For one of my accounts there are multiple locations inside the account.  Each location has 4 campaigns.  These campaigns are named based off the location.  I am wondering if there is a script to pause these 4 campaigns once the total cost for all of these campaigns combined equals a monthly budget.

For example, the Dallas location has 4 campaigns.  Each of these campaigns spend a different amount of money throughout the month but once they reach a combined total budget, I want to automatically turn these 4 campaigns off.

Campaign-Dallas 1

Campaign-Dallas 2

Campaign-Dallas 3

Campaign-Dallas 4

Pause all 4 campaigns automatically once they spend a total of $1,000 for the month.

I do not want to use shared budgets because you can only set a daily budget for the campaigns.  I want to set a monthly budget.

I do not want to use the automated rules because this only applies to the individual campaign total spend and does not combined the total for all 4 campaigns.

If there is not a way to do this, please let me know.

Thank you,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Script to Pause Multiple Campaigns when they reach a combined total monthly budget

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Cody,

This is a common request. It can't be done using AdWords tools, so you do need a script. There are scripts out there that work for single campaigns or shared budgets. You might need a custom solution if you are looking at the overall spend of campaigns with separate budgets.