AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Scheduling & Bid Multiplier Question

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I scheduled ads and am using bid muliplier (say 130%) for a time period.

So, I will increase the default bid of adgroups for that particular time by 130%.

Now, here is the confusion:

The default bid of adgroup will change and so the default bid of all keywords. Now I am using Exact & phrase match keyword in same adgroup( bid=$5) like - [ipad repair], bid $5.20(manual changed) & "ipad repair", bid-default ( if its wrong then let me know).

In this case, when bidmultipluer change the dafualt bid by 130%, will it affect to both match keywords ( both have not default bid set).

If not, there might be a possibility that phrase match bid becomes higer than exact match (it is not set enough higher).

I am not sure if it can have any other issue.

So, please let me idea on this case.

thank you

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Scheduling & Bid Multiplier Question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Anil,

First of all bid multiplier is a campaign level setting in Adwords and not ad group level setting. Hence if you happen to schedule your ads at 130% of original bids, all the keywords within that particular campaign will happen to serve with that increased bid of 130%.

In terms of match types, it is often advised to have the highest max CPC for exact matches, then for phrase match and then for your broad matches. Doing this increases the chances of allocating click for the respective match type of your keyword.

You can read more about bid multipler in this reference.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Anil,

Ad scheduling includes a bid adjustment mode, which lets you set higher or lower bids for particular times and days. If you are using a bid muliplier (say 130%) for a time period, it will increase the effective bids in that campaign for that particular time by 30% and not by 130%. Effective bid here is the bid that would be applicable w/o the adjustment.

A bid multiplier entry of 50% would entail a 50% bid decrease during that time period. Bid adjustments - just like ad scheduling - is a campaign level feature.

I'd also note in particular that the impact of a bid adjustment on keywords will not depend on the term's matching option. 

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Anil,

First of all bid multiplier is a campaign level setting in Adwords and not ad group level setting. Hence if you happen to schedule your ads at 130% of original bids, all the keywords within that particular campaign will happen to serve with that increased bid of 130%.

In terms of match types, it is often advised to have the highest max CPC for exact matches, then for phrase match and then for your broad matches. Doing this increases the chances of allocating click for the respective match type of your keyword.

You can read more about bid multipler in this reference.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Anil,

Ad scheduling includes a bid adjustment mode, which lets you set higher or lower bids for particular times and days. If you are using a bid muliplier (say 130%) for a time period, it will increase the effective bids in that campaign for that particular time by 30% and not by 130%. Effective bid here is the bid that would be applicable w/o the adjustment.

A bid multiplier entry of 50% would entail a 50% bid decrease during that time period. Bid adjustments - just like ad scheduling - is a campaign level feature.

I'd also note in particular that the impact of a bid adjustment on keywords will not depend on the term's matching option. 

Best,

Lakatos

Scheduling & Bid Multiplier Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Is someone here which can help me, I can't add my phone to 2 step verification code.

Thanks