AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Same keywords with different match type in Single Adgroup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I heard from many experts that using Same keywords with different match type in Single Ad group is a good practice and it does not count as duplicate keywords but than why there is a option in adwords editors tool match type?
Match type
1. Duplicates must have the same match type
2. Duplicates can have different match types (even negatives)

here second point in the tool, showing same keywords with different match type is also duplicate keyword.

secondly, are those keywords would not compete to each others? 

what option should i pick to remove duplicate keywords if i am using same keywords with all match types in below ad group 

Ad group:  2bhk flats

Keywords

2bhk flats

“2bhk flats”

[2bhk flats]

+2bhk +flats

Re: Same keywords with different match type in Single Adgroup

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Manish D,

There are 2 schools of thought regarding match thpe organisation. The first is what you speak of, different match types in the same ad group. Ensure that the more restrictive match type has a higher bid. This needs to be to done to ensure that the more restrictive match type will always win out with regards to the pre auction.

Personally I prefer the second school of thought, the one that uses different ad groups for different match types. you then use the practice of embedded negatives, so your BM ad group will have phrase match and exact match as negatives etc. This ensures that the search term is directed to the correct ad group.

I suggest doing some reading on the matter and using the method you are most comfortable with.

If the account is particularly large, the second method is not always a viable option.

Good Luck

Re: Same keywords with different match type in Single Adgroup

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello,

You can use all this type of matches in your account. Google never take this as a duplicate one..
You must understand why we have to use all this type of matches in ad group. if needed?
1. Google would catch the suitable match types for search queries.
2. you can get Google quality score
3. Initial stage you try experiment through all the match types and then, if you know weather this would cause low quality means you can pause which keyword would have no conversion, low ctr, low quality score cause high CPC.

Regards,
manoj