4.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Same keywords with different match type in Single Adgroup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi i have few questions regarding keywords, which always confuse me.

1. If i use a single keywords with different match types in a single ad group, than will it be count as a duplicate keywords?  for eg:

Ad group:  2bhk flats

Keywords

2bhk flats

“2bhk flats”

[2bhk flats]

+2bhk +flats

2. is there any need of adding plural, single & prepositions like in, at inside the keyword in an ad group? e.g 

Ad group:  2bhk flats

Keywords - 2bhk flats , 2bhk flat in delhi, 2bhk flats in delhi.

3. during campaign creation we already set target locations, so is this necessary to add keywords with location in an ad group? e.g -  2bhk flat in delhi, 2bhk flats in noida

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manish D
September 2015

Re: Same keywords with different match type in Single Adgroup

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Those options in Adwords Editor are just for setting filters. You don't need to be confused between Adwords & Editor. Different match types of the same keyword are never considered duplicate by Google, As all have different search volume and nature to trigger the ads.

View solution in original post

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
1- Will it be count as a duplicate keywords?

No, actually it's a good strategy to test the same keyword with different match types.

2- is there any need of adding plural, single & prepositions like in, at inside the keyword in an ad group?

No, now close variant is matching for all keyword match types. Close variant include misspellings, singular and plural forms, acronyms, stemmings (such as floor and flooring), abbreviations, and accents. So there's no need to separately add close variations as keywords. Read more about the new update: http://adwords.blogspot.com/2014/08/close-variant-matching-for-all-exact.html

3. during campaign creation we already set target locations, so is this necessary to add keywords with location in an ad group?

For big city like "Delhi"it's not necessary to include the location in the keyword, the system is smart enough to detect it. But it's recommended to include the location name in the keyword, if you are targeting small town/small places (hardly to geographic targeting), this will increase your chances for showing for relevant traffic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks for reply, but if same match types is not duplication than why there is a option in adwords editors tool?
Match type
Duplicates must have the same match type
Duplicates can have different match types (even negatives)
what option should i pick to remove duplicate keywords if i am using same keywords with all match types in group A .
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Manish D
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Those options in Adwords Editor are just for setting filters. You don't need to be confused between Adwords & Editor. Different match types of the same keyword are never considered duplicate by Google, As all have different search volume and nature to trigger the ads.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

@Ahmed Ali @MosheTLV - Sorry to jump in the discussion, Then Should we pause the same keywords different matching after some time , When we gather enough data and making our assesment that "2BHK flat" is giving us more value for money or most suitable for us

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I understand that it's good to test different match types within the same ad group but how long should the test run? Also what if the test included broad match modifiers in singular and plural forms by mistake (ex: +red +shoes, and +red +shoe) and both keywords are performing at similar levels (CTR, Avg CPC, QS, CR). How do you determine which one to pause? Should you continue to let both run?