5.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Same keywords with different match type in Single Adgroup

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Same keywords with different match type in Single Adgroup is a Good practice?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Same keywords with different match type in Single Adgroup

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Please read from here : link  ( expand + When keywords are the same but different match types )

The most restrictive match type is used when all MaxCPC are thee same. But when the MaxCPC is higher for a match type, since all their QS is equal, the match type with the higher ad rank will win.

For conversions , the best practice is to bid highest for the exact match, a little lower for the phrase , lower for the BMM and the lowest for the simple broad ( or not use simple broad at all ).

different-match-types.png

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Yes it is, please view some ideas about this configuration in here :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Different-Match-Type-with-Equal-Bid-in-a-Adgroup/...

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Pushpendra

As per my experience in management of adword account using same keyword with different match is good practice, for support I give here effect of keyword match and account performance:-

Broad Match:- Probability of High Clicks, Impression, & High Bounce rate, if you work with broad match - Visibility of matched keyword in search result page anywhere in sentence or line matched for your keyword, for branding a product or services is good option.

Phrase Match: - Probability of something down in clicks, Impression & Bounce rate ( Not mandatory), Visibility of matched keyword in search result page as per the keywords in list. Its working better at the point of targeting specific interest peoples with large market area, which maintain our account at two level one spending on and second maintain quality score.

Exact match: - Probability of down in clicks, Impression & Bounce rate, Visibility of matched keyword in search result page as like keywords in list. If you target small market area and want more profitability from adword advertising go with this -Matched Keyword Highlighted in Search.

If your account target fare enough market area & good amount go with this setting you will get good result in your daily budget. Equal positive effect on Clicks, Impression and Bounce rate.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for reply...

But when I use Same keywords with different match type in a single Adgroup they can compete with each other in that case my Adranking and Keywords quality score also can be down.

I am confused with this theory.....

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Please read from here : link  ( expand + When keywords are the same but different match types )

The most restrictive match type is used when all MaxCPC are thee same. But when the MaxCPC is higher for a match type, since all their QS is equal, the match type with the higher ad rank will win.

For conversions , the best practice is to bid highest for the exact match, a little lower for the phrase , lower for the BMM and the lowest for the simple broad ( or not use simple broad at all ).

different-match-types.png

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭