6.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Same fake leads from my ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been getting the same fake lead from my Google adwords. I dont want to get charged because I feel like somebody is intentionally spamming my ads and costing me money. How do I resolve this situation  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Same fake leads from my ads

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

First off I would look at your invalid clicks report to see if you are being credited for any invalid activity.  THis help center document will explain how to identify invalid clicks and what to do if you need to pursue action with Google over invalid clicks. **edited to include link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/42995?hl=en

As for the "same fake lead" what does it look like?  Is the info entered into your form jibberish or actual name, email, etc?

If it is jibberish that is likely just a bot trying to see if they can exploit your website form.  Do you have a captcha on your form?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
i have the same problem i wish there was a way to avoid getting these coz they are messing up with my conversion rates

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
They are entering in an actual name email and phone number of a person. I have called that person and they think somebody is pranking her and doing it is costing me money.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Joel,

That is so lame Smiley Sad sorry to hear you are running into this issue - how bizarre.

Since it is the same person maybe you can identify their IP address by looking at server logs? If you can ID the IP address you can exclude it. I would love to drop you a link but the forum will not let me because the link contains a number string that is "not permitted" (sorry bout that) just google this: blocking IP address adwords and you will find the AdWords Help Center document.

Good Luck!

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Kim

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
anytime Smiley Wink