AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Sales Countdown feature in AdCopy Within The Interface

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Adding urgency into adverts is a powerful marketing tool, it helps to encourage the purchase with the fear that they might miss out. One really good way to do this is to add a countdown into your advert, e.g only 2 days 3 hours left until sale ends!.. Now this is all well and good but setting up an AdWords countdown script is time consuming and relatively difficult if you are new to AdWords scripts, luckily for us google have now made this feature easily accessible within the interface. If you want to create a countdown in your ad copy all you need to do is type {= and Google will bring up a box that you can enter your end date into and that’s it!

Capture.PNG

I have personally used countdown scripts in previous campaigns advertising how many days left of guaranteed delivery before Christmas and it worked extremely well, if you have a sale ending soon or you guarantee delivery for Valentine’s Day up to the day before this could be a good way to get a few extra sales!

I hope this helps

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sales Countdown feature in AdCopy Within The Interface

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Good stuff.
Have to agree too that this is incredibly useful for time sensitive offers. Using it to countdown to when free shipping will expire is something we haven't actually tried. I'm inputting this into our project management tool as we speak.

Thanks Rich!