AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

SEO of a website effect quality score of the advert?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, 

I am running my first Adwords campaign ever for a client as part of a college project. I was wondering does the SEO of a website effect the quality score of the advert the features on google? Would having a website that has poor SEO effect the Adwords campaign I am about to run?

Any help is much appriciated,

Regards,

Cillian 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: SEO of a website effect quality score of the advert?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Cillian,

Yes and no.

Some SEO practices will help you get a better landing page score, but that's not the end of the story. What will have a larger impact on your quality scores is to organize your campaign properly, tight AdGroups with relevant keywords and matching ad copy.

Quality Score is all about CTR. Successful campaigns are about conversions. Chose keywords that convert well. Write ad copy that gets good CTR. That's about it.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Re: SEO of a website effect quality score of the advert?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I think this is a great question.

I've often speculated that the 'vertical' that Google assigns your website and page through it's SEO algo has some affect on QS. 

With that said, it certainly isn't part of the black box of QS that they reveal and it probably doesn't make a huge impact. Good keyword click through rates for your average keyword position and relevant user experience from ad to landing page will help the most.