Guide Me
star_border

SEO and Blogging question

PAN
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
PAN
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I know this isn't an Adwords question, but I was wondering if someone could tell me if having my blog ON my site as its own page helps my site's pagerank/relevancy more than if I simply linked to my blog FROM my site?  Please let me know.  Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: SEO and Blogging question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Try it with, but check your keyword density imediately after implementation as it will probably throw your existing content out of whack if you've already optimized it.

www.thrustglobal.com

PAN
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
PAN
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the prompt reply.  So it IS significantly better to have it on my site?  If there isn't a significant benefit, I won't bother my developer with bulding out the page.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello PAN';

At the bottom line; in AdWords relevancy is  "CTR" and "CTR" is relevancy;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

PAN
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
PAN
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, but that doesn't really answer my question.  All I want to know is if 'www.blog.websitename.com' carries more SEO power if it is a page on my website as opposed to my website having a simpl link to 'www.blog.website.com'? 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

We can comment on AdWords related topics. You may want to post / search in the webmaster central forum;

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/webmasters

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author PAN
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I my opinion, the physical location of a resource is neither here nor there. The quality of YOUR content is the key to your SEO desires, and of course how well you optimize that content, which once again is also down to the content itself. If you post poorly written, long-winded or irrelevant content on your blog, no matter where it is located it can only result in poor rankings. If you're looking to use your blog as a "key" to boost SEO on your site, why not look at your site content first. Location Location Location applies to property purchases. Content Content Content applies to Content. You see what I'm doing here to boost SEO rankings FREE ? I could elaborate further on content, but it's pretty dull undertaking and I'm quite content to let you do it yourself !

You may have a really good blog that ranks well, and a mediocre website that doesn't perform quite as well, but remeber the laws of Physics: A Positive and a Negative = Negative

Just my opinion, but it sounds a convincing argument, and who are we to argue with Newton or Einstein?

Contented,

www.thrustglobal.com

PAN
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
PAN
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great response.  Thanks.  I confirms what I thought.  Much appreciated!