Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Running Call only and Mobile Campaign simultaneously

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

I have two set of campaigns one for all devices and one call only campaign for same set of keywords. I can't decrease bids of mobile device from normal campaign, as I want want web leads and want to run call only campaign too for getting calls. But currently as I am targeting same set of keywords in both the campaigns, my Call only campaign is not getting impressions.

Please suggest how can I structure campaign to get web leads and calls both.

Regards

Puneet

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Running Call only and Mobile Campaign simultaneously

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Puneet,

It's a good question indeed!

A lot depends on the kind of conversion you are aiming, and on the likelihood of leads being generated through calls for your business/website? You can refer to your past performances to draw a conclusion. 

However to find out if Call-Only campaigns can be more profitable or not, I would do an experiment with Call-Only Campaign for at least two weeks to make an informed decision. 

During this test period, I would use device bid modifiers to decrease bids on mobile devices for the existing campaigns. I would then give this budget to Call-Only campaign. 

The comparison and analysis after the said period would make it clear which is working better, and then I would stick to the one performing better. 

However, if you aim both calls and website visits, a general campaign with any device targeting and Call-Extension can perform better. Yes, your landing page, specially on mobile devices, will play key role here. If your website is not completely optimized for conversions from mobile devices, excluding mobiles from the general campaign and allocating this budget to Call_Only Campaign can work better. 

In all, it depends a lot on your past conversion history and your present website optimization. Experiment with both, and choose the one that works better. Having both would not be an ideal solution. 

My two cents. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha