AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Rules against on exit popup?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Are there any rules when advertising on google against "on browser exit" popups?

Now its not what your thinking it happens within the same tab, not the spammy new window thing.... the reason is... were spending so much to get them that when they leave i want to have the page redirect to an aggressive landing page with some audio page with very simple form>>> name and email address..... currently my registration page is long, but needs to be ....im wondering is this something i can implement or google will shut my adwords down?

Thank you... trying to decrease my bounce rate by atleast capturing name/number/email when and if they try to bounce

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Rules against on exit popup?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Curiouss, 

Thanks for asking, it's always a good idea to check these things out before you create your ads, to try and save any problems later on down the line. 

It's not possible to use pop ups on either the entry or exit of your site I'm afraid, as this tends to create a lesser user experience for customers. 

Hope this is useful!

A.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Curiouss, 

Thanks for asking, it's always a good idea to check these things out before you create your ads, to try and save any problems later on down the line. 

It's not possible to use pop ups on either the entry or exit of your site I'm afraid, as this tends to create a lesser user experience for customers. 

Hope this is useful!

A.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have a similar question I'm hoping you can help me out with please Smiley Happy) ok so Google doesn't allow for an exit pop on the landing page, does this mean I am allowed to use an exit pop on a different page ie like the page people click to after the landing page like for example maybe the order form?

Thank you in advance!