AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Rich snippet rating stars

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

two questions

1) I've seen a few sites use the start ratings rich snippet to review themselves rather than third party products which it was intended for. E.g. a website owner might publish their testimonials and each testimonial will have a 5 star rating as well. Webmaster would aggregate these and display it on their site. Is this allowed?

2) rich snippet for organic listings are pretty straight forward, just have the correct markup and google will choose to use these on the results depending on their own criteria (it is asumed this is down to trust, authority and relevancy to end user).

Does the same rule apply to Adwords or is there some other procedure required to get rich snippets published for paid search campaigns?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Rich snippet rating stars

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi, morecaffeine, 

Thanks for posting in the AdWords Community!

Your questions regarding Rich Snippets in the first question would actually be better suited for the Google Webmaster Help Forum, as this topic is generally more related to Organic Search, which is completely separate from Paid Search (AdWords), so I would highly recommend you make a posting there!

To provide a bit more insight into your second question, one of the components of a text ad can include breadcrumbs, which can be influenced by Rich Snippets.

I hope this helps!

- Tiffany

Rich snippet rating stars

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Can you help me with the following question about rich snippets for magento. My rich snippet is falling outside the html. is that counted as a plenty or not?