Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Retargeting : tag to impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Since last June 2014, we have recieved around 6,200 unique visits to my small business website. I have asked a digital agency to retarget these customers but so far they have only produced around 8,000 impressions in the same period. My sence is that it is low, as I would like to impact my past visitors at least 10 times.

1. can you give me a benchmark ratio of visits to retargeting impressions?

2. Can you give me a sense of the cost per 1,000 impressions?

3. Can you give me a benchmark of % of visits can can be retargeted? the agency argues that 50% of visitors have settings to block cookies, which I think is high...

Thanks,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Retargeting : tag to impressions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
What is the cookie duration of your remarketing tags? The default is 30 days, so if you've received approx 6000 visits in 6 months you are only going to have 1,000 people on the list at any time....

You can set the max to be anything up to 540 days (18 months) which should be more than enough for most businesses.

Personally I doubt that 50% of any sample of users would have cookies blocked. your other two questions probably vary so much between and within sectors that the numbers would be more or less meaningless...

Check how many people are on your list(s) right now.