Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Retargeting adgroup not getting impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

One of my retargeting or remarketing Adgroup is not getting any Impression from the day it's created until this day.

I have more than 10 Image Ad displayed in that adgroup and it is not getting any clicks or impressions at all. Do you have any solutions to this problem? Please help me. Thank you!Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Retargeting adgroup not getting impressions

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Arianna Lou A,

Welcome to community,

A remarketing list must have at least 100 active visitors within the last 30 days before you can show an ad to people on the list when they visit a Display Network site.

As you said that you have make your list few days ago tha't why you are not getting impression.

Here is the link that give you a better idea for remarketing.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472738?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Arianna Lou A,

Welcome to community,

A remarketing list must have at least 100 active visitors within the last 30 days before you can show an ad to people on the list when they visit a Display Network site.

As you said that you have make your list few days ago tha't why you are not getting impression.

Here is the link that give you a better idea for remarketing.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472738?hl=en

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello ,

I am interpreting "the day it is created" as an unknown start date so I will bring some more points :

1) You need all baner sizes and text Ads because the sites your audience will visit may accept a limited size of banner. Text ads fit any bannner slot

2) Statistically I observed a ratio of 5% impressions per day vs. the audience size so if my audience is 1000 visitors I have seen around 50 impressions or more.

3) In the begining use higher bids to see impressions. Even 2-3 times higher than what you normal bid on the Display Network.

4) Check your audience size frequently in the Shared Library , it could become smaller after sime time if users delete their browser cookies.

5) Try to understand what you are targeting : previous visitors who might not be online every day and need strong marketing incentives to return to your site, like special discounts.