AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Responsive Ads Performance

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We started running with responsive ads lately, and we see that their avg. cpc is much higher than our PNG and Text ads. We were wondering whether these ads enter auctions for placements that we didn't weren't able to run on before, and that these placements are more expensive.

How do the responsive ads choose which auction to enter and on which placements to bid? If a certain web page has multiple placements that are available for responsive ads, but some of them are more expensive (compete with gifs for example), which placement in this web page will the ad bid on?

I hope that someone here could clarify this issue for us.

Thank you,

Nizan.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Responsive Ads Performance

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Nizan T;

Technically, if the ad fits into one of the slots on the page, it will this slot based on its ad-rank. In other words, if, for example, its ad- rank is 4, and the responsive ad can fit into   ad position #4 - this is the ad unit you will pay for.

Also check this discussion that might interest you about a similar topic;

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/How-do-I-lower-my-Bounce-Rate-whe...

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’