2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Removing and adding locations effects

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Now with Enhanced Campaigns, if I would like to remove a location target and then add it back in lets say a week later, will that effect my Quality Score? Am I resetting my history for that target each time I remove it? Would it be more beneficial to set up a separate campaign for each location? Thanks  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Removing and adding locations effects

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi, as far as I'm aware, location targeting has no effect on Quality Score - or if it does, it's not a major factor.  However, it could have an indirect effect in that one location could attract a higher Quality Score than another because of the people in that area.  For example, we know that CTR is a major factor in Quality Score so if you targeted two areas and your Ads were much more popular in one than another, you could see a much higher CTR for that location and therefore a higher Quality Score.

I'm a big fan of splitting Campaigns by location because it often reveals trends and performance data that is hard to separate when within a single Campaign - even using the various segmentation and Dimension reports.  So, my advice would be to split the Campaigns out to address these locations separately.

As a matter of interest, why are you turning this location on and off?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Removing and adding locations effects

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply. We turn it off based on demand from our customers as we are in the lead gen business.