Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Removed placements I want to recover

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All

It seems I have removed placements, which I never wanted to remove.

Can somebody help me recovering them?

Thank you.

kind regards

Magali Leys

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Magali L
September 2015

Re: Removed placements I want to recover

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Magali L,

Your best bet would be to log into your adwords account, go tools > change history.

Here you will find a list of all changes you made to your account with an undo button on the right.

Let me know if this works for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Thank you for responding, but I have not seen any changes that would remove some placements. I have been deleting mobil-app-placements though.

Do you know if custom bids for placements would remove other you didn't select?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Magali,

You can check the deleted placements in change history and custom bids do not delete your placements, you have in your account.

Go to Display Network and click on Placements, Select the all time date range and download the placement report, you will see all the placements where your ads were shown and then you can check your desired placement and its status.

Regards,
Rupesh

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Magali,

unless you removed to placement yourself I have never heard of a situation in which your placement would be removed automatically.

The only way that I can think of to 'undo' a change that has occurred is through the change history. If the changes are not there than I believe you are not able to undo any previous changes. I would suggest carefully combing through the change history.

Perhaps someone else has heard of or experienced this?

Sorry I could not be of more help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rupesh

That is the thing. In my change history I only see 64 deleted mobile apps, a lot of mobile apps that I excluded and 3 websites which have been excluded.

There is no record of deleting these placements. And I have never deleted them on purpose as I did with the mobile apps.

As I cannot undo changes (because they are not listed), i gues there is no other way then to add placements manual or create a new adgroup?

Thanks for replying

Kind regards
Magali

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Magali,

Unfortunately that is correct, you will have to add them all again.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for replying.
I created a new adgroup, I gues that would be easier than manually add placements.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Guys,

I know this is not a timely reply, but this could be the reason for your placements to have got removed.

This happens when you manually add some placements to an adgoup which had a different targeting option. (e.g: interest/Remarking) when you add placement targeting to such an adgroup, the automated placements in the adgroup will get automatically removed. this is because by adding manual placements you have narrowed the targeting to just the placements you have manually included.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Everyone,

I though I would just add an easy fix to this even though I'm a little late.

If you want all of the automatic placements back that were removed, you can remove all of the manual placements and AdWords will bring back all the auto placements in that ad group. You'll need to make sure to remove all of the manual placements in the ad group. Even if there is only one left, Google will only use that one manual placement.

An easy way to find them is by going to Display Network -> Placements -> and sort by Status. Mark all the manual and then remove them. All of the automatic placements will now be restored.