1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing with very low impressions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, I'm kinda stuck on something. For a client we are doing a remarketing campaign.

Our audience list consist of more than 17.000, yet my impression total is 19. I am working with 2 display sizes (728 x 90 and 300 x 250).

For another client, this worked very well, yet for some reason I only got 19 impressions in total, with double the budget of the previous client.

Re: Remarketing with very low impressions

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I would check first the following parameters :

1) Targeting : location , is it wide enough ? is the targeted location the same as the location from which the users are collected ? ( If you collect users from Europe and target USA, you will get a low volume of imp)

2) Targeting : language , did you select the appropriate language ?

3) Scheduling : is the campaign running 24/7 or just on a tight schedule such as only night ?

4) Targeting : have you intersected the remarketing list with another restrictive parameter such as keywords or a small list of sites ?

5) Time : did you wait at least 3 days to measure impr. volume for this campaign since the initial setup ?

6) Ads : are you ads still approved or approved limited ?

7) Exclusions applied : have you used a restriction such as exclude "below the fold" category , or excluding a large list of websites ?

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Ramsis A

Adding to the great tips that @Adrian B has supplied.

Also check if you have "Frequency Capping" enabled.

With only two ad sizes you are limiting the potential.

Plus if the bids are really low for this campaign and the target audience is for a campaign that generally has a high value , your $0.10 bid will not get it done.

Up your Bids significantly, add a few more banner options and you should see impressions flowing.

Normally this case is always about a LOW BID that doesn't win the auction. I bid aggressively for my remarketing campaign because i have a good segmented lists that has proven effective.

Test upping your bid for a Day and check frequency capping in the campaign settings and see if that solves the issue

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Dear Ramsis A ,
You can also try adding more ad copies in multiple other sizes available. You can increase your bids for a day or two. Observe it for couple of hours and once you start getting impressions you can again lower your bids to control your budgets . some times in over competing environment , some campaigns need a little push. Also adding more sizes would broaden the horizon to show more and more ads. Please make sure your Targeting is not getting clashed by some other targeting methods like some location , time zone , Impression cap etc.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It may also be worth checking that your campaign is not part of a "shared budget". If that is the case, other campaigns may be using up all of the budget and leaving little room for your remarketing campaign to get impressions.