3.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing query

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Is therea way to avoid becoming a nuisance to the user when using remarketing? A way, that is, to somehow restrict overshower the user with my adds?

2. When using remarketing, is it advisable to prefer CPC over CPM?

Thanks!

Laz

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing query

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Laz,

Remarketing is an advanced method of reaching to the audiences who have been to your site earlier but may not have converted for you, may be due to one reason or another. So, that means the users might have shown interest in your site earlier but wouldn't have converted for you as a customer. You can create different strategies to reach out to those users and try to offer them some new discounts or schemes, so that they become a customer for you rather than a simple visitor.

Here are various strategies streamlined in the help center reference for more details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476691?hl=en

CPM bidding is basically to improve on the branding, when you are not actually concerned about the conversion rate but your Brand name. I personally use CPC bidding for the Remarketing campaign. 

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Laz P
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Laz P,

For your question 1 , frequency capping is the answer in my opinion. I cap the impressions to 10 up to 20 per Ad group per day . Read more from here : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/117579?hl=en

For question 2 : you have the option now to use "viewable CPM" which means paying only for Ads when they are on the screen level, and this may lead to a higher CTR than normal CPM campaigns. From my experience with viewable CPM I have bidded the minimum 0.25 $ and with a budget of 50 $ so far I obtained a total of 50 x 4 x 1000 = 200.000 viewable impressions while total reported impressions is around 500.000. The cost of clicks was around avg cpc 0.3 $ so 150 clicks so far.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj

Many thanks for taking the time to help.

Laz