AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing list is +100 and still 0 impression

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have more than 100 people in my marketing list. Ads were approved by Google and everything seemed to run fine, but I still see zero impression.

- No exclusion

- Display network only

- no interest targeting

Could anyone help me out understanding what I am doing wrong please?

Also, some of my more specific remarketing lists haven't gathered anyone. Why could this be? e.g. g to signup page but not checkout page

Thanks

J.

PS: I am a newbie so simple taxonomy please Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing list is +100 and still 0 impression

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi

Are you talking about lists created on analytic or adwords? if its adwords and if you have analytic account related to this property you mentioned, cross checked analytic account and adwords account and see whether your data matches or not.

Also rule based remarketing lists audience depend on the rules you used while creating them, can you explain bit more about it here?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Nisal,

The list is created in Adwords and I cross checked with Analytics - the data matched.
Example of rule based list:

Visitors to pages matching these conditions:
URL contains http://www.infocc.com/membership-checkout/
but didn't visit another page with any of the following:
URL contains http://www.infocc.com/membership-confirmation/
Description: people who clicked "signup", landed on checkout page and didn't go through with the payment
Membership: 30 days, Open
Networks: Display Network

Thanks,
J

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Josephine C

Normally if the lists are set up correctly, and you meet the 100 people requirement, then there are two things that could be the issue. Set up or Bid

Under set up - Are you using the Display network - Interests & Remarketing - Targeting - Pulling in list and then "TARGET AND BID only"

Display Ads - Do you have a majority of the display ad sizes? If you just have one or two of the variable sizes then you are limiting the options in which you may be eligible to serve an ad

If that is set up correctly, then the issues of no impressions is mostly based upon not bidding enough to win the available ad slots on a page.

Remember the "Remarketing list" are valuable potential customers and should not be treated as a $0.10 click. My average CPC Bid for a remarketing potential click is anywhere for $1.00 - $5.00 because of how valuable they are to me. So you may want to consider upping a BID to see if you win those ad spots and impressions.

Some Additional Remarketing information:

Using remarketing to reach people who visited your site or app
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453998?hl=en

How remarketing works
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454000?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Josephine,

Question: I have more than 100 people in my marketing list. Ads were approved by Google and everything seemed to run fine, but I still see zero impression.
Solution: I believe you are talking about a re marketing campaign on Google Display Network (since for remarketing campaign on search network i.e. RLSA, you need to have 1000 list size). Try raising your cpc bids to 50% more than you have set for now. (e.g. if your current bids are $1, raise them to $1.5). You can further raise your bids (if that is not a major concern for you) since anyways you are going to target a very relevant site visitor. Also, reaching list size to 100 does not guarantee the remarketing campaign to start, rather it is the minimum requirement to be met. In certain cases you may need to have 150 or 200+ list size to start the remarketing campaign.

Question: Also, some of my more specific remarketing lists haven't gathered anyone. Why could this be? e.g. g to signup page but not checkout page
Solution: Well it seems the number of users "signing up but not checkout" is very less for you website (good thing for you). Or to dig in further, you can try and get the number from Analytics about the users who signed up but did not reach to checkout. Also, you can increase the cookie duration from 30 to 90 days to give ample time to the list to gather the users.

Cheers Smiley Happy
-Vaibhav