AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing list - Disabled due to policy violation

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey AW people,

my remarketing list was disabled due to policy violation. My  case are pharmaceutical products. Because remarketing is big thing and without it I will have higher cost per conversion....

Im looking for best practice how can I better targent my Audieces?

Thank you.

-Lukas

- Lukas
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Re: Remarketing list - Disabled due to policy violation

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Lukas,

Remarketing is very sensitive category and each and every policy has to be taken into consideration before it is applied inside the AdWords account. If any policy violation is identified, that will result in disabling your Remarketing list, like the way it has happened in your case.

Healthcare and medicines Policy varies from country to country and I am not sure for which country are you advertising your ads for this business.

Apart from Remarketing, try and look for other options like AdWords for Video ads, dedicated Mobile campaign ads, WAP ads. If you have any app created for this sort of business, try promoting that using AdWords.

I am not sure if Google Shopping and Shopping campaigns are one of the options for you, but you might try and implement if that's one of the possibility.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Lukas,

Remarketing is very sensitive category and each and every policy has to be taken into consideration before it is applied inside the AdWords account. If any policy violation is identified, that will result in disabling your Remarketing list, like the way it has happened in your case.

Healthcare and medicines Policy varies from country to country and I am not sure for which country are you advertising your ads for this business.

Apart from Remarketing, try and look for other options like AdWords for Video ads, dedicated Mobile campaign ads, WAP ads. If you have any app created for this sort of business, try promoting that using AdWords.

I am not sure if Google Shopping and Shopping campaigns are one of the options for you, but you might try and implement if that's one of the possibility.

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Correct;
You cannot use Remarketing lists for products in campaigns that might imply or infer health condition or sexual orientation.
Definitely pharma products imply health conditions
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Regarding this issue,

is there a way to request a review from Google in order for remarketing list to be approved? My remarketing ads were already approved and I set the list for all visitors. The Sign Up form on the website doesn't request any medical/personal details, only contact information.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

Not sure if you'll see this because the post is from 2014... but, you seem to be an expert in this area and I hope you do!

I am working with a medical device client whose remarketing lists just got disabled for the above mentioned reason. The only difference is that their clientele are medical device professionals (doctors/nurses/hospital administration) who would be buying and using the device... not patients. They hope to retarget ads for topics on saved treatment costs, upcoming conferences, etc. Have you had any luck working with Google to get remarketing approval for a situation like this?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’