Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing for Search Ads??

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Do I need to create a separate campaign for remarketing ads?? If I add a remarketing list to an adgroup then the ads will show only to the people who have visited earlier or it will also be shown to the people who have not visited but searching the product on google. What if I want both kind of visitors. Do I need to create two separate campaigns targeting same products?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing for Search Ads??

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello RichaAgarwal,
You don't need to create a seperate campaign for RLSA(Remarketing List for Search Ads).
Once your search list increases. You can run from audience tab and increase your bid.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
If I add a remarketing list to an adgroup then will the ads appear only to the people who have visited earlier or will it be also shown to the people who have not visit my site but searching the product on google???

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Richa,

If I understood your question correctly here, you want to start using remarketing for your search ads. Please note that remarketing the word in itself explains that it is the process of showing ads to the people who have already visited your site, but have not taken any action in the form of buying, registering themselves, signing up etc...

If you are already using Google Display Network for Remarketing, then as per my understanding, you can use the same remarketing code for your search ads. But in case of Google search the size might vary  as the cookie used to create both the lists is different and there can be lot of variation in terms of this list size. Find more details about this concept here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222

The people who have not seen your ads earlier will not be counted under Remarketing as far as this concept goes. Those people will be treated as regular users browsing and looking for information or services.

Hope this helps!

Pankaj

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Once you will add your adgroup in remarketing list, then your remarketing ads will show only this particular ad group which one you add.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

So you mean that I should create separate campaign for remarketing. I have one more question will these two campaigns compete with each other??

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Richa,

It is good to create a separate Remarketing campaign where you want to use Google search as your target audiences.

No they shouldn't compete as one target audiences will be on Google search and another on Google Display Network. Bot networks are different.

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I recommend creating 2 campaigns because the two targeting behave differently, keeping them in the same campaign is like creating a default search and display campaign with mixed reporting results. RLSA is for search campaigns and remarketing lists for Display are for display campaigns.

Main differences ;

1) You can start RLSA only when you have 1000 cookies in the list, with the other remarketing you only needed 100 visitors ( cookies) in the audience. This makes RLSA temtpting to use the the "all visitors lists" because for a low traffic website you hardly get 1000 visitors in the last 30 days who meet various criteria like 

a) They visited the site for more than 10 seconds to be a little interested in what you promote

AND

b) They did not convert so it makes sense to "show them Ads again and again" with RLSA.

2) The RLSA list will grow if you have the adwords tag audience, if you use the google analytics remarketing code, currently it doesn't work to set cookies for RLSA ( but I am sure it will be fixed )

3) With the remarketing on the Display network you are able to display banners, with RLSA you will display texts in the search network. big impact difference.

4) With the remarketing on the Display you are able to control frequency capping, with RLSA you are not able to control this.

5) With RLSA you will be able to target keywords and show text ads to your previous visitors IN A SEARCH CAMPAIGN. This restriction to show ads only to a handfull of visitors allows you to use simple broad keywords or BMM keywords that otherwise would have brought a lot of unuseful traffic.

6) With RLSA and broad keywords you will see new search terms , maybe long tail keywords, that you can add to your campaign, this is called keyword mining. Maybe these will be keywords that even the keyword planner did not suggest you to use.

7) With RLSA you can add an audience to your normal search campaign and bid higher for this audience, thus gaining higher positions in the 11 slots on the first page, only for those visitors who did not convert.

I hope this helps

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
But in this case the network will be same, Google Search.. One is with remarketing list and the other is not...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian,

Thanks for differentiating display and search remarketing. I want to know how shall I set a campaign for remarketing in search ads? Shall i create two adgroups in the same campaign for the same keywords but the difference would be that one will run with remarketing list and other will not.