AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing for B2B

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Team,

How much effective running a remarketing campaign for a B2B client?

Regards,

Gokuldas K

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing for B2B

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
You are probably looking for a straight answer to this question, but unfortunately, there isn't one.

For B2B clients, I have had ones with positive ROI, negative ROI, and some where we didn't get enough traffic to even use remarketing.

All that said, I would still throw the remarketing code sitewide while you decide if you want to do remarketing or not. That way your remarketing list will be ready when you are. My hope is that if you get any remarketing traffic at all, you'll at least want to test remarketing.

http://www.google.com/think/products/remarketing.html
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453998?hl=en

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
HI Joe,

Thanks for the reply.

My concern is that, I don't think there is a need for remarketing because the client is not doing small sales or retail sales. The big buyers who visit the site will easily drop a mail and I don't think I want ads to follow those small buyers who accidentally found their way to the site. Could you let me know my above interpretation is correct or please advice.

Regards,
Gokul

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Gokul, To make sure I understand, what do you mean by "will easily drop a mail"? Currently, how do you know if a buyer will be a big or small one? Thanks.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Joe,

My client business and focus is only for getting big buyers. The deal only with big orders and buyers. I.e the reason why I was saying the big buyers who visit the site will easily drop a e-mail to check how things work. For ex: the big buyers are like Walmart etc.. Do you recommend a recommend a remarketing campaign for such type of customers.

Regards,
Gokuldas K

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hello, Gokuldas.

I do not quite understand the difference between big and small buyers here. Remarketing is a way of getting people back to your website.

Assuming that you have another main traffic source for your website, and that anybody interested in doing business with your clients either converts during the first visit or doesn't convert at all, ever, then, indeed, you may not need remarketing.

But before drawing any conclusions, check your Analytics account and see how many conversions you have from new visitors and how many from returning visitors.

If you do see conversions from returning visitors then you may need remarketing, after all, because the reality is that people convert on the second and third (and so on) visit after all.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
What about remarketing to the big companies a couple of months down the road so they can 're-order' a new supply of whatever product you offer?

How about Remarketing to cross sell products?

Remarketing for brand awareness? A few impressions per campaign per week just to keep the company brand on minds.

As for the small "accidental" visitors that may come to the site. With a Google Analytics Remarketing implementation (and adequate traffic volumes) you can create a remarketing list that target people who spent over a certain time on the site i.e. <1 min which should help weed out the visitors that don't really belong on your list because ideally those visitors bailed when they realized your site was not the one then wanted.

Just some ideas.....

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
My guess is that there are not many "big" buyers out there. If you really don't want to advertise to the smaller guys, and there are not many of the big buyers, then you probably won't get a list big enough to advertise to, even if you found all of them.

Have you thought of finding the locations of those big buyers and then bidding up the Geo like crazy? Take Walmart for example. If the buyers are located in Bentonville, bid that up 300% for search and display (maybe an exaggeration, but you get the point). If you can reach your audience through geos instead of remarketing, then that's fine, as long as you are reaching them.

Even still, I wouldn't throw away remarketing without trying it first.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

"How much effective running a remarketing campaign for a B2B client?"

My experience :

1) It is a problem of tracking the big inquires, so setup an online form with different thank you pages based on the volume or budget used as an input in the form . For example for those who select : "More than 1.000 pcs " as an option, send them to the thank_you_page_big_buyer.html

2) You cannot really use the RLSA which would be the most efficient form of remarketing in search, because it requires at least 1000 visitors in the audience and I doubt that you will have so many who complete the form and identify themselves as big buyers by selecting "More than 1.000 pcs ".

3) Even if you reach 100 cookies for remarketing in the GDN, people who order from work most probably have a network admin who by default clears the cache and cookies at shut-down, for the privacy of the company. The AdWords audience will show you 100 cookies in the audience because they could be set at the moment of the visit but it will not show you that they got deleted afterwards because it simply can't

4) Your best chance is to subscribe the big buyers to a special newsletter and send them a special isolated landing page of offers in that newsletter. Then remarket only to visitors of that landing page using analytics.

5) Not remarketing but still a strategy : If you want to find new big buyers it is enough to set a GDN campaign targeted for expensive devices, as this is still available. Hand pick the devices like Samsung Note 2, or some tablets, and target the GDN banners only for those. By using this I get around 600 impressions per day with a set of 30 keywords split in 5 ad groups. However the conversions depend on what your marketing message is.

The initial planning is this :

Ask your self how many big buyers do you have offline for now ?

Are they at least 100 different people who might revisit any site in the GDN from work ?

Are they actually at least 1.000 in order to get a fair chance to remarket to at least 10% of them ?

If the numbers are small, stick to Search Only campaigns.