AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing alone or Remarketing combined ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to AdWords and I am a little confused about which way is better to go about implementing remarketing.

Method 1: Display Only > Remarketing   (that way I would have a seperate remarketing campaign from my other Display campaigns)

-- or --

Method 2: Display Only > All Features > and under ad groups select "Choose how to target your ads" > interests and remarketing ( this way remarketing and interest categories are in  the same Display campaign)

My AdWords is strictly lead generation, if that is a factor.  

I am just confused as to which remarketing method is better.

Thanks for any help,

Philip

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing alone or Remarketing combined ?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Philip.

The audiences are different, right. Some have already visited your website, others not. So the messages your ads convey could be different as well.

My favorite approach is: one remarketing campaign and one general display campaign, with a negative audience formed from people on the remarketing list. And the bids are higher on the remarketing audience.

That means a little more work, but I found it justified.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

"My AdWords is strictly lead generation, if that is a factor.  "

Are you tracking a page which represents a contact info that gets you leads ? If yes, you can remarket a "type of Ads" only to people who did not reach that page during the visit and another "type of ads" to people who reached the lead page. You want to send different messages to them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Philip,

In opinion, I would suggest you setting up stand alone ReMarketing campaign. Even though in Adwords it is listed under one tab but they are very different and they don't work effectively if you intend either to use them in combination OR thinking to run two mentioned targeting through one campaign as it may take away certain control such as budget allocation by targeting options.

I would recommend you setting up ReMarketing and Interest Category as two separate campiagns. This will allow you to a) Monitor performance of two without having to do lot data mining or extraction b) budget allocation based on performance considering you are doing this purely for lead generation..there will be CPL target that you wish to achieve c) apply advance feature optimization such as frequency capping, negatives etc..

Guess I shared a lot more than what I should have...hope it doesn't make you more confused.. 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Perhaps the most important factor that makes me separate out me remarketing camapigns is that I can bid differently (generally higher) for the remarketing visitors - as I can segment them by how they might have behaved on their initial visit and they tend to convert better.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That's a great point Steve. I missed that..