Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Tags

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if it is possible to build different remarketing lists based on different tags? Or is it just allowed to place one general google remarketing tag on your website pages?

For example: Let's say you could not distinguish my URL's properly based on words or ID's and I wanted to created seperate remarketing lists for 2 headings on my website. Could I, instead of using URL based rules, tag a few pages concerning 'dogs' with one tag and form a remarketing list based on that tag. And place another tag on 'cats' pages to build another remarketing list?

Kind Regards,

Steven

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Remarketing Tags

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Definitely! That's why the Remarketing tag was created for! You create tags add them yo your desired page and then create custom combinations based on how you want them to perform!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Definitely! That's why the Remarketing tag was created for! You create tags add them yo your desired page and then create custom combinations based on how you want them to perform!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Cool Thanks!

And I can place multiple tags on 1 page?

For example: a general 'animals' tag and a specific 'dog' tag on pages about dogs?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I believe you can though i never tried it personally, it all comes down on how your developer sets up the site (it sometimes may contradict if not set properly).

G'luck

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi BuildingC,

Yes, you can place more than one "tag" (remarketing code) on a single page.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords