Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Setting

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello AdWords ppl,

I am new here and I want my ReMarketing to work as best as it can. What I want is to have conversions Smiley Happy

My Audience is more than 35,000ppl. They are devided in to categories as landing page, products groups (4), products (12<) , buyers... Every category has 1,000-11,000ppl.

I plan to spend 10-20€/day for remarketing.

1. What type of campaings are best for it?
  2. In case if Search and Display networks are good, is it better to have it in one campain or separate?
  3. What are best settings, especially bidding option?
  4. Does it make sence to play with Ad scheduling?
  5. Is it better to aim for one or more products with my budget?

Feel free to give me more informations or ideas which I should know.

Lukas

- Lukas
3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lukas Melichar
September 2015

Re: Remarketing Setting

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Luke and welcome to the Community, I'll do my best with the questions!

1.  Well, that's pretty easy since you can only use Remarketing lists with Display Campaigns (and YouTube videos).  

2.  Regardless of the above, whatever you're doing you should always separate Search and Display, they're two entirely different forms of marketing.

3.  I always like manual bidding, but I'm an old hand.  There's plenty of tools available now (Automated Rules, Scripting) to make things like this "semi" manual and I much prefer that to allowing Google total control.

4.  Definitely.  Scheduling is, in my opinion, one of the most overlooked tools in AdWords.  With Enhanced Campaigns I'm finding less that I start and stop advertising and more that I simply vary the bid adjustment, but that variation can be quite substantial.

5.  Hard to say.  Anything spend related always has to be driven by return on investment rather than simply plucking figures out of the air.  I'd be inclined to target maybe 2 or 3 of your top-selling products, measure the return, then use any profit to advertise more products...

How long is your time-lag?  

Don't forget to set a cap on impressions (Campaign settings).  Showing your Ads too frequently to people could result in "Ad blindness".  I tend not to show remarketing Ads any more than 10 times per day per person, and I suspect even that's too high.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Remarketing Setting - Keywords

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Good morning.

All I can offer is my own experience. I generally do not use keywords in my remarketing campaigns.

While the program offers me the same options it offers for any Display campaign, I generally ignore those. As you say, I'm remarketing to previous website visitors. That's my main and only real traffic criteria. I don't need or want to refine it further.

When I'm remarketing, I use only Bids. 

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Luke and welcome to the Community, I'll do my best with the questions!

1.  Well, that's pretty easy since you can only use Remarketing lists with Display Campaigns (and YouTube videos).  

2.  Regardless of the above, whatever you're doing you should always separate Search and Display, they're two entirely different forms of marketing.

3.  I always like manual bidding, but I'm an old hand.  There's plenty of tools available now (Automated Rules, Scripting) to make things like this "semi" manual and I much prefer that to allowing Google total control.

4.  Definitely.  Scheduling is, in my opinion, one of the most overlooked tools in AdWords.  With Enhanced Campaigns I'm finding less that I start and stop advertising and more that I simply vary the bid adjustment, but that variation can be quite substantial.

5.  Hard to say.  Anything spend related always has to be driven by return on investment rather than simply plucking figures out of the air.  I'd be inclined to target maybe 2 or 3 of your top-selling products, measure the return, then use any profit to advertise more products...

How long is your time-lag?  

Don't forget to set a cap on impressions (Campaign settings).  Showing your Ads too frequently to people could result in "Ad blindness".  I tend not to show remarketing Ads any more than 10 times per day per person, and I suspect even that's too high.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Cobnut,

thanks for your help.

1. I just created camaping ( Search & Display Networks) and for each ad group I set interests and remarketing. So I should change campain type for Display Network only?

4. During one moth I had no conversions during  1:00 am 6:00 am so I turned off my ads during that time. I just dont know why is that good, coz I pay for click and even no body bough my products at that time he can come later or he can be used for my

remarketing. Do you prefer set End date even you are not sure when you want to end it?

X. Yes, my time-lag setting is the same as yours Smiley Happy even ususally I heard  3 - 5 is best set Smiley Happy 

- Lukas

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello  again Lukas;

I answered you other post;

• Definitely separate  a search campaign form  a display one
  • In an "on going" campaigns, I do not set an end date - I let them run as long as the clients / (or I ) have the budget.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Remarketing Setting - Keywords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello AdWords ppl,

I set my remarketing but my CTR is very low 0.22% - 1.25%

I think the problem can be with: 

Display keywords which I have same as for NO remarkreting campain.

- How should I choose right keywords?

- Is there any keywords tool for remarketing?

Placements there I did chose anything.

- Why should I choose it. I am targeting people which been to my page so why should I care where they can see my ads?  

- In case I should care about it. I see here many options as word, phrase and website. How should I set it?

What do u prefer Target and bid or Bid only

Topics the same problem as with Placements. 

Why sould I care about it, why not keep it ALL?

Lukas

- Lukas

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Basically echoing Jon:

1. & 2. Remarketing campaigns will only show on the display network. That's the whole point: to re-market to those who have come to your site before as they go on other sites (on the network).

You should therefore make it a display campaign. I'd even make it separate from other display campaigns if you have them.

Example, you sell tires. You'd have your search campaign. You may want a display campaign on car forums for example and advertise to them. These ads would be different as they are not searching for tires. But you may want and try to get them to think about new tires. Then, you'd have a remarketing campaign where you'd have ads saying something like "have you got your tires yet?". Different kinds of ads because you know they were looking before, they know you and not trying to lure them in, just a reminder that you exist and that they need your tires. Different campaigns and ads to try to achieve different things depending on where the prospect is on the buying cycle.

3. I'm old hand too. Plus, I like to have control.

4. Scheduling has its place depending on the business. Normally, I tell clients to advertise 24/7. You just never know when they'll search (or surf) and potentially become a customer.

5. Not knowing the specifics, can't tell.

If you were selling tires, your remarketing ad could be more generic. Although if you knew they went to your Bridgestone page as opposed to your Michelin page, you could remarket based on that.

If you were selling all kinds of non-related things (a Walmart for example), have a remarketing campaign based on products or categories of products, depending on which pages they visited.

Your budget for 35k people seems low. I understand that may be all you want or can spend. Test with one or two products or category.

I have limited experience with remarketing campaigns but I would set for just 3-4 impressions per day. But as everything else in life, it depends. I don't know what you're selling.

>>  During one moth I had no conversions during  1:00 am 6:00 am

How many clicks? Are you targeting a small local area?

If 80% of your clicks are outside those hours, it would make sense you have less sales. You need to figure out the percentage. You may find those hours are just as good.

Note that if these are online sales that can be tracked using the conversion tracker, it counts any conversion to the *last* click. So if they searched and clicked again, the conversion is recorded to that click, not the earlier one.

If you don't have the conversion tracker, then you can't really tell. I could search at two in the morning and only call you at noon to place my order. That click still resulted in a sale, just not at the time I clicked. So keep that in mind. And as you said, you could remarket to me.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Good morning.

All I can offer is my own experience. I generally do not use keywords in my remarketing campaigns.

While the program offers me the same options it offers for any Display campaign, I generally ignore those. As you say, I'm remarketing to previous website visitors. That's my main and only real traffic criteria. I don't need or want to refine it further.

When I'm remarketing, I use only Bids. 

Hope that helps!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Lucid

How many clicks? Are you targeting a small local area?

Yes, my clicks are 80% outside those hours.

But even its so low number, is there any reason tu turn it off during that time?

Are you targeting a small local area?

Yes, the are is "small", its Slovakia.

- Lukas

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Rheresa and thank you for the info.

so if you ignore it, how can you get lower CPC?

- Lukas

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Sorry Theresa for the mistake Smiley Happy

- Lukas