5.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing : Input and Best Practice

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am taking on the task of setting up a remarketing strategy for our company. In the past, through agencies I have found great success in driven remarketing efforts.I would value your opinions on some ideas please.

Previously the memebership duration was set at 180 days to capture "all visitors" to site. Now that the business has had some branding with this I want to diversify the audiences and target specific areas that are relevant.I have a goal of improved Quality Score and new conversions as we have really hit a flat line.

1- What is the best practice for the membership duration. Our buying cycle is 45 days or less. Should we go to a 30-45 duration now on the new categories?

2- In adition to come back offers I want to add in messaging for "check out our other services" as we have three sites and many branches of the business tree.

3- What was your greatest improvement in remarketing when it came to your Quality Score ?

Thanks for your thoughts !

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Remarketing : Input and Best Practice

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Cravn,

I can't give you much, as our remarketing implementation we do is fairly standard.

However, I'd like to add a couple of pointers, and I'll wait for some of the others around here to comment:

1) QS doesn't get affected by remarketing. Think of remarketing as a "post-click" marketing effort, where you are trying to re-engage your audience. The only way remarketing could help is if the ad triggers an additional search, where the visitor clicks on your ad.

2) If the buying cycle is 45 days or less, than it's best to keep at least one remarketing cookie for the 30-45 day window. (You can also keep another remarketing cookie there for 180 days, and messaging them afterwards, and see if it does you any good.

Hope this helps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Awesome David - thank you !

"The only way remarketing could help is if the ad triggers an additional search, where the visitor clicks on your ad."

To clarify yes that is exactly what I am hoping as the over all campaign goal for the accounts are improved Quality Score.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
If the focus is Quality Score, than you probably want to focus on testing ad copy. Approximately 60% of quality score is simply your click through rate vs. your competition.

I'd love to see stats if you can create additional searches. However, my gut feel is that most of those searches will be for your brand. You probably already have a great QS on your brand terms, the incremental in CTR probably won't do much on either your brand terms or the account overall.

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cravn, 

There've been several discussions about remarketing, so I'd like to point you to some resources:

Kim Clink's Wiki

Reach people who visited your site

Inside Adwords Launch Post

Best,

Zee
G+