AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Impressions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Adwords Community,

Is there a way to see the potential number of impressions for your remarketing campaign?

This may be totally subjective considering it depends on how many cookies you have / unique visitors to your site. (This is for a real estate- can't use dynamic remarketing).

Please let me know your thoughts on how you project a certain number of impressions for a remarketing campaign!

Thanks so much

Cole Lusby

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cole L
September 2015

Re: Remarketing Impressions

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hey Cole,

This is a hard one to estimate.

Remarketing will serve impressions up to people who visit the website from any source. Like mvarga suggested Analytics will be a good place to start understanding the overall traffic volume to your site and how quickly people are to be added to your remarketing list to give you 'idea' of what you can expect for impressions. There are plenty of variables that go behind impressions right? How often people are online, how many DN sites they visit on a daily basis to generate those impressions, how long your cookie duration is set for, if you have any type of frequency capping in place, etc.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Cole L |

How you set up your remarketing campaign will depend largely on your business goals and the types of customers that you'd like to reach. To help you meet your goals,

for more you can go thorugh this below link.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2476691?hl=en

SK

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Cole L

to estimate the number of impressions per member in remarkeing list, use the Analytics report to see the number of unique visitors during a period. Then check the number of impressions during this period from the Adwords account and you have a roughly impression per member estimation.
You can undertake a more thorough analysis using reach and frequency reports from AdAwords ad engagment data form analytics.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey mvarga,

Just so that I further understand what you're saying, the only way to really tell how many potential impressions I can receive for my campaign is to just start it and compare the number to of unique visitors (thus giving you a ratio)?

I would like to know how many I could get BEFORE I start my campaign.

Thanks so much for your help. Look forward to your response.

Cole Lusby.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I would like to give this a friendly bump.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cole L
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hey Cole,

This is a hard one to estimate.

Remarketing will serve impressions up to people who visit the website from any source. Like mvarga suggested Analytics will be a good place to start understanding the overall traffic volume to your site and how quickly people are to be added to your remarketing list to give you 'idea' of what you can expect for impressions. There are plenty of variables that go behind impressions right? How often people are online, how many DN sites they visit on a daily basis to generate those impressions, how long your cookie duration is set for, if you have any type of frequency capping in place, etc.

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'