AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing -High impressions, low ctr

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am considering pausing my re-marketing campaign. I received 800,000 impressions in the month of June with a CTR of .27%. I am interested in knowing how the low CTR is effecting the quality score and CTR for the rest of my Search campaigns. If I pause it my overall all campaign CTR will go up drastically. Any thoughts or insight on this would be much appreciated.

3 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Remarketing -High impressions, low ctr

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kevin,

It's good you are considering this to be a possible hindrance to your account but thankfully you don't have to worry about low CTRs on the Display Network. Taken straight from the official Help Centre:

"Your ad performance on the Display Network does not affect the performance, Quality Score, cost-per-clicks (CPCs) or position on Google search pages or on other pages in the Search Network."

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin O
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Kevin,

Scotty hit the nail on the head with this one! But I also agree with Moshe. Maybe try adding some additional targeting options to your remarketing campaign to improve CTR (and hopefully ROI). I'd also recommend reviewing the placements where your remarketing ads are displaying. If you feel that certain placements aren't performing well or aren't as relevant as you'd like, you can exclude them prevent your ads displaying there going forward. 

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by RachelM (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kevin,

It's good you are considering this to be a possible hindrance to your account but thankfully you don't have to worry about low CTRs on the Display Network. Taken straight from the official Help Centre:

"Your ad performance on the Display Network does not affect the performance, Quality Score, cost-per-clicks (CPCs) or position on Google search pages or on other pages in the Search Network."

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I would first try to "narrow" the targeting methods to Remarketing and topics  or Remarketing and placements.

This will further reduce the number of impressions (shown) to   users visited your site and  shown interest in the topics (by visiting placements  on  similar topics)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin O
September 2015

Google Employee
# 5
Google Employee

Hi Kevin,

Scotty hit the nail on the head with this one! But I also agree with Moshe. Maybe try adding some additional targeting options to your remarketing campaign to improve CTR (and hopefully ROI). I'd also recommend reviewing the placements where your remarketing ads are displaying. If you feel that certain placements aren't performing well or aren't as relevant as you'd like, you can exclude them prevent your ads displaying there going forward. 

Hope this helps! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for the suggestion, I am working on that approach currently.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks!