Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Display Campaign Has Very Low Impression

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I am running a remarketing display campaign. I believe I have enough budget and appropriate CPC bid because I have another campaigns running successfully (non-remarketing campaigns) with the same budget and CPC bid. 

First, I divided the campaign into 3 seperate ad groups based on the time they visited my webpage. My impression is really low, then I added a new ad group with all visitors. My impression is still low. I have a remarketing list with 160.000 people, I suppose I would have high impression with it. I only get 4K impressions.

Should I change my aim to impressions in campaign settings?  Any suggestion will be apprecaited. 

Any suggesions?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Burak Akman

do you have any other targeting settings besides the remarketing list for this campaign?

are you using all the same ad sizes in this campaign as your successful regular display campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David, 

Thanks for your reply.

No, I only have remarketing lists for this campagins. By ad size, you mean the sizes of the images I use? If so, I use the exact same ads for both campaigns. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

What are you targeting methods?

Do you have all banner sizes available?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Remarketing Display Campaign Has Very Low Impression

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

On remarketing campaign I have a remarketing list of previous visitors.

On other campaigns I have placement targeting on popular web sites &
previous placements with high CTR.

Burak

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Burak Akman

yes, I was referring to the sizes of your banner ads.  Some are more commonly used by publishers than others.

How long have you had the remarketing campaign running?  How long did you let each group run? On the third one, how long did it take to acquire 4k impressions?

Have you tested temporarily raising your max cpc to see if it would have any effect?