Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing Campaign - Set Up?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I've read some tips here on setting up remarketing campaigns on Display network, but I need more info.

My campaigns cover New York, Boston and LA airport (for example), and I've created remarketing lists which consist of users who visited these airports:

1. rmkt list URL contains: "new-york-airport" [lets call this list New York Airport]

2. rmkt list URL contains: "boston-airport" [lets call this list Boston Airport]

3. rmkt list URL contains: "LA-airport" [lets call this list LA Airport]

I also have remarketing list which is tag based and it contains users who converted [list is called Converted].

I have created a combination of these lists because I would like to retarget people who didn't convert but are interested in my offer, final list looks like this:

1. combination list => contains New York Airport but does not contain Converted.

So, I created new account and on this account I would run my basic display campaigns and remarketing campaigns, it would be easier for me to really separate Search and Display (I have many campaigns) that's the reason I created new account.

I'm interested if there are any constraints to this except that I need to contact Google team to help me with importing rmkt list from one account to another?

Is this a good practice or it's (always) better to have everything under one account?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mate

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing Campaign - Set Up?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mate,

It's better to have everything under one account because you are promoting a single business and that should go under one account only. That's my understanding here.

It's not really complicated to keep everything under one roof because Remarketing campaign technique is different and comes under different campaign as compared to your other regular/standard campaigns.

I would also suggest you to go through this Policy for more insights:- https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6020954?hl=en

My Thoughts!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Pankaj, thanks for posting. Smiley Happy

I will do exactly that, create display campaigns under 1 (orginal) account. I also contacted Google support and they told me that it's not possible do this in my country yet (importing rmkt list from one account to another for same domain).

As for Policy, I don't see a problem it's not double serving or something else, because I would only separate Search and Display on the account level.

Regards,
Mate

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You should also keep everything under one roof because not only does it make it easier to keep track of activities, you also avoid double serving.. which could get your account suspended by Google... consider this... you have a keyword in one campaign and you then add the same keyword to another - it doesn't matter if they are both in the same account. And when you are managing multiple campaigns this is easy to do. If, however, you add the same keyword to a campaign in a separate account you are double serving. It's really easy to do, and whilst we try to avoid having the same keyword in multiple campaigns or ad groups most accounts have them...

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again @Mate A

Looking at the topic from a different angle:

As one who travels - this type of service, users "search and convert".  They don't research. Once they find a service which suits them, they book. So I don't see much benefit in Re-marketing for this type of service. What I do is focus on the landing page, a design it in a way that once a user lands - he / she most likely will convert.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’