AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Related keywords don not appearing in bold

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

Not all my related keywords are appearing in bold on my ad, does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Related keywords don not appearing in bold

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi there,

Thanks for posting! 

Are you referring to keyword insertion, or the feature that automatically highlights certain phrases in your ads that match user's search queries? 

Do the keywords in question have a high quality score? The system might not highlight the keywords if they have a low quality score or aren't performing well. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi!

Thanks for your answer! I refferring to the feature that automatically highlights certain phrases. the quality score that adwords system is indicating is 8/10. Maybe the realtime quality score calculation is not good enough

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

I assume that you are referring to related keywords that you have added to your ad group.

This is a slight misunderstanding on why words are highlighted in your text ad. The only words that will be highlighted in your text ads are those that correspond with the users actual search term and not your related keywords.

For example, If your headline is "Dark Chocolate Cookies" and the user types in 'chocolate cookies' then only those 2 terms will be highlighted in your text ad, irrespective of the keywords you have that could trigger this ad.

Hope this helps