Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Related To Keyword Optimizations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Professionals,

Have a good day, I would like to ask a question that what would be happen if I use targeted keyword and the negative keyword simultaneously e.g Handbag Leather in targeted keyword but I want to prevent my ad to show all leather related quires so i used leather keywords in broad match added in negatives kindly suggest me what I should do for this.

Regards,

Re: Related To Keyword Optimizations

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hi Raheem,

Normal (positive) broad match and negative broad match behave differently, the matching of a negative broad match will be much more like a modified broad match.

Please have a look at https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497836 for more details on the matching differences.

In your case, I would restrict the matching type to modified broad match or phrase match. For example:

+leather +handbag

This would match any search term that has leather and handbag in it

OR

"leather handbag"

This would match any search term that leather and handbag in it, right after each other

A normal broad match would also include synonyms, which is probably something you don't want in this case.

Re: Related To Keyword Optimizations

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Raheem,

I suggest you to add negative keywords in exact or phrase match. This will avoid confusion. Some times Broad negative keyword may restrict the positive keywords. also you can narrow down the positive keywords to BMM, Phrase or exact as suggested by Ken.

Thanks
Raghu