Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Regarding Impression Assisted Conversions

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

I am at Campaign level. In the interface i can see 36 conv/click and 41 impression assisted conversions..

Does this 41 impressions assisted conversions a part of 36 conv/click..?? OR these 41 impression assisted conversions happened from Organic and direct after they were exposed to my Adwords Ads..?

How many conversions i actually got 36 + 41 = 77  Or just 36 only...??

Is this how it is..? Not sure..!!

Please Advice...

Frank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Franklin J
September 2015

Re: Regarding Impression Assisted Conversions

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

The best example I can think of to give you is this google edited video , from second 24 and second 2:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wwj5W0UzAlo#!

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Franklin J,

Here I found a similar Q&A

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Impression-Assisted-Convesions/td-p/106512

to quote "Impression-assisted conversions is the total number of conversions for which this keyword triggered assist impressions prior to the last click."

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is an example :

If your store sells White Brand1 Tablets. When a user clicks the category Tablets ( 1 click asisted conversion) and he looks over all the brands of tablets ( impression asisted conversion ) , finaly clicks on the White Brand1 Tablet and buys.

So prior to the actual conversion that you would expect to be the purchase, there are several "helpers" along the way, the clicks in the subsections and the impressions on various items. 

So you get 41 helpers, the impression asisted conversions.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, 

Thanks!

The example given in the link is not related to Impression assisted conversions....I know what are "Assist clicks" and "assisted conversions" already.

My question are those 41 conversions happened from organic, direct etc..? How would i know  this, as these are just IMPRESSION ASSISTED CONVERSIONS ?

The Quote "Impression-assisted conversions is the total number of conversions for which this keyword triggered assist impressions prior to the last click." 

Doesn't really help me clear my point...

Any more insight..

Frank 

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

To see the origin of a conversion you can Create a Custom Conversion Segment

Otherwise if you are looking at data reported in adwords, I assume it is already segmented excluding the organic search.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the explanation,,,but to be honest i really didn't get your example. Can you please help me explain with one more example with one Keyword..I will be really happy and be in your debt..

No need to reply if i am bothering too much...

Frank

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Franklin J
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

The best example I can think of to give you is this google edited video , from second 24 and second 2:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wwj5W0UzAlo#!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for the video and your support...

Cheer!

Frank

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Franklin J,

My gut feeling tells me I haven't been able to explain this info good enough.

Just to confort my mind, could you reply telling me what you understood that assisted impressions are and their number in your reports ?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Adrian,

To be honest i am very tired and fed up with this "Impression Assisted Conversion" point at the moment...

Let me have a look at a video with a fresh mind in the morning....and i will definitely get back to you with what i understood..

And i really hope that you will guide me to the best you can if i get the explanation wrong tomorrow...Smiley Tongue

Thanks!

Frank