Guide Me
star_border

Regarding App Campaign Optimization

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello there,

I'm running app campaign through Adwords. I am spending around 20000 in 2 weeks time. but only able to get only 450 conversions at avg cpc 4.60.

Would like to optimize my campaign in such a way so that my avg cpc should be less and the amount of conversion should be more.

Please try and contact me to have a discussion on this topic. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for removing your CID and phone number as requested by @Lakatos. In addition, please note that it is counter to our Community Guidelines to ask for (or offer) assistance outside the Community itself. For reference, the Guidelines may be found via the Community Guidelines link at the bottom right of the page. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Regarding App Campaign Optimization

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
For reasons associated with your security, please do remove your CID and phone number from the above post. Thanks - Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Done ! Please provide me some valuable solution on my query.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Amit,

It is not quite clear which type of campaign you are running. Anyway, I'd like to refer you to the help page linked-to below that describes multiple optimization techniques.

*** Promote your app to all potential users across Google ***
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6167168?hl=en

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am running universal app campaign. Please let me on the basis of numbers posted in my starting thread.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Amit,

Optimization is automatically done by the appropriate algorithms in case of universal app campaigns. You only need to wait till they accrue some more meaningful stats, and results will hopefully be improving over time.

Best,
Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lakatos,
I am running the campaign for last 2 weeks . Would like to know how can I analysis the data and what basis. As I mentioned, "I am spending around 20000 in 2 weeks time. but only able to get only 450 conversions at avg cpc 4.60." The curiosity comes when you have nothing to answer to your boss. Please write, on what basis I should explain to my boss and ask to resume or increase the budget because I am not able to analysis the data of 2 weeks.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Amit,

"....spending around 20000 in 2 weeks time. but only able to get only 450 conversions at avg cpc 4.60 ... "

Spending 20k and accruing 450 convs would mean CPA = 44,4, that assumes CR = 10.4% approximately. Is that correct? (The CR is not bad.)

Anyway, in such cases, we usually try to analyze comparable sets of data: before/after. E.g. what were the stats for the last 2 weeks prior to those 2 weeks? Or what was the avg CPC or CPA when you last spent 20k prior to those 2 weeks? In your case, I'd like to find some data like them before reporting.

Note that fortunately I am not employed by your boss.

Best,
Lakatos

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Amit, 

Your are spending 20,000 and you got 450 conversion that is :- 

Spend:- 20,000

Conversion:- 450

Per Conversion Value:- 20,000/450 = 44.4

Avg Cost Per Click :- 4.60

Tell your boss to run 1 or 2 more weeks, then check whats the Targeted CPA. Then try to use CPA after 2 weeks.

You are running universal app install campaign, then there is very limited source to optimize this campaign.

Thanks

Ashwani Kumar