Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Regarding Ad performance

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding Ad performance. Since Google display ad on the basis of CTR, I am finding difficult to improve ad relevancy. Because my keyword is X and ad Y is displaying. 

I went to Ads tab, I can see the message that "this ad tested with x" and almost same for all ads.

1)Why this is happening?
2) Why the most relevant ad to the keyword is not showing? Any explanation will be appreciated

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Regarding Ad performance

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Akshay,

One of the possibility could be same type of keywords being used across different ad groups and due to this fact, your other ad might be running. This happens when you use more broader match type keywords.

I would suggest you to review your keywords and see if you could add the embedded negative match type keywords and try to trigger an ad from the ad group that you want.

Also, read this article that would better explain you how similar keywords are matched to search terms:-

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2756257?hl=en

I hope this would help you sort out the problem upto certain extent.

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Akshay K,

Keywords within the same AdGroup can be shown with any ad in that same group, according to the ad rotation settings for the campaign. If you want certain keywords to trigger a certain ad, place them all together in a new, separate AdGroup. This is what AdWords calls "tightly focused".

Hope this helps, best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Both @petebardo and @pankaj1782 have suggested great tips for your keyword grouping. 

@Akshay K let them know if that worked or if you need further help with this. 

Best, 

Mini

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for the suggestion

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes! That is seem to be the best solution. I manage to overcome the problems with the above solutions. Thanks a lot!