AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Reg : Will the use of conversion optimizer reduce Clicks?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have a campaign running with a good CTR but with average conversion rates. I got some suggestions to opt conversion optimizer. I've set up conversion optimizer for that campaign with a max CPA bid. Now, my clicks has greatly reduced (reduced up to 40% to 50%) and my CTR is also reduced up to 50%. Not sure if this is because of conversion optimizer.

It would be great if i get clarification of this sooner.

Thanks,

Sivaganth.A

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reg : Will the use of conversion optimizer reduce Clicks?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sivaganth, welcome to the Community.

Conversion Optimiser can give mixed results; some Campaigns work well with it, others not so well.  In any case, Google does recommend that you allow some time for the system to work out the best options for your Campaign.

How many Conversions did your Campaign have in the past 30 days?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon,

Thanks for your update. we have had 175+ conversion in the last 30 days and we are meeting the requirements here to use conversion optimizer. Will clicks get reduced because we set Max CPA and not target CPA. Which one is advisable to use? Max or Target CPA?

Let me know

Thanks,
Sivaganth

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sivaganth, the number of conversions you have seems OK (I know you only need 30 in a month to be eligible for CO but personally I believe that figure is too low to be useful).

I'd recommend using Target CPA, not only since this tends to produce more conversions but also because Max CPA is being retired in January 2014 anyway.

More about CPA Bidding

Jon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jon,

Thanks for the update. I would like to know specifically,

1.If we start using CO, will the clicks get reduced?

2. Also, if we set the Target CPA for a campaign, can we change the bid for specific keywords in the campaign?

3. Having keywords with good quality score of 7 and 8 but in the status it shows ads not eligible due to low ad rank. How we make it eligible to show ads by improving the ad rank?

Thanks,
Sivaganth

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Sivaganth, the answers to most of your questions are covered in this help page:

About Conversion Optimiser

On the subject of Ad Rank, if you've got a decent Quality Score (which 7 or 8 is), then your low rank is going to be the result of a low Max CPC bid.  Conversion Optimiser will take control of your bidding so this issue should also be resolved.

Note that I'd always recommend monitoring your Campaigns closely after you apply Conversion Optimisation.  While it works for many advertisers, for others it doesn't and it's important to make sure it's providing good results.  If your performance drops, and you've allowed a decent time (perhaps two weeks or so) for the optimisation process to work then you may be better reverting to a manual process.

Jon