AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Reduce bounce rate

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I am running campaign on search network. when i see my paid search traffic report on google analytic, I noticed that very high bounce rate (75%). My ad copies keywords are relevant to my Landing page i already checked my search query report & deleted irrelevant keywords.

I did some changes in my Landing Page.

How to reduce bounce rate?

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Reduce bounce rate

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I would recommend you to:

Good Luck,

Asaf

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Rick85,

Basically, you're saying that 3/4 of your paid visitors are not converting and/or not taking ANY action once they hit your landing page.

Wihtout knowing more about your business and from a distance, it would appear that whatever you are offering, your landing page content or the method of conversions is where you would need to focus.

If you're happy with your CTR and the amount of relevant traffic, then you need to work on closing the sale and/or forcing action when the user hits your landing page.

Call-to-actions are a good place to start (Sign up now, Buy Now etc...).  I would also suggest that you could perhaps test out some varying landing pages to see if you can identify some features that are working better than others.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I would recommend you to:

Good Luck,

Asaf

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Rick85,

Basically, you're saying that 3/4 of your paid visitors are not converting and/or not taking ANY action once they hit your landing page.

Wihtout knowing more about your business and from a distance, it would appear that whatever you are offering, your landing page content or the method of conversions is where you would need to focus.

If you're happy with your CTR and the amount of relevant traffic, then you need to work on closing the sale and/or forcing action when the user hits your landing page.

Call-to-actions are a good place to start (Sign up now, Buy Now etc...).  I would also suggest that you could perhaps test out some varying landing pages to see if you can identify some features that are working better than others.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

P.S. - In 8/2012 Google website optimzier will be replaced with "Content Experiments". ;-)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Rick,

I would say, "Website Vistors Are The Decision Makers".  You could create a landing page, which you think is the best but the judges are visitors to the landing page.

As PPCBossman said, if you are satisfied with the quality and quantity of traffic coming in to your website, keywords and ads used in AdWords, then its time to tweak the landing page.  You might need to think why people are abandoning your landing page, is there any easy to understand "Next Step" for the user to perform. Something like, "Call A number", "Fill Out A Form" or "signup for your newsletter" etc,.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Nimesh.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

My service is a domestic service like electrician and plumbing service.

1) I am using Wix they have mobile call to service built in. I wonder goolge able to understand that wix have a mobile call to action.

2) on the desktop normally domestic service only display number. I don't think goolge will able to define that the sreacher is calling me.

3) I am using goolge ads words and there is minimal 150 to 200 invalid click daily I guess that my competitor will that increase the bounce rate

Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2012 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.