AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Reduce Bounce Rate (Display)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

I run several display campaign but all the campaign has high bounce rate. 80-90+%. 

I have direct user to mainpage and specific pages but still the results still the same. 

My targeting method are demographics, display keywords and placements. I have a lot of traffics but

the bounce rate is too high. If I separate the targeting into different ad groups, it will reach more target audience 

but does not help to reduce the bounce rate. 

No issue with the page speed, ad copy same with landing page (eg: 70% discount). 

Remarketing campaign also the same- 80% bounce rate. 

How many percentage is good bounce rate? How can I reduce it? 

Please advise. Thank you. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reduce Bounce Rate (Display)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there;
To me it sounds that the issue is mainly with the design and content on the landing page, and users (once on the website) don't find the offers / promotions they look for....
Have you investigated the funnel of the user once lands on the website? (Using GA)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

Thank you for the reply.

When the users arrived the landing page, the headline is prominent and clear (promotions/ discounts).
We can't identify any funnel because the users arrived and exit on the landing page. Can you suggest other metrics we can look into?
Or any suggestions to improve the campaign?

Thank you

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Well... If the users arrive and exit on the same page, the bounce rate is always 100%,  -isn't it? While you mentioned 80-90%...
The key here is the data to analyze the funnel. I'd recommend linking the account to GA.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Jach,

Please go through the below thread improve your Bounce Rate (Display):-

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Bounce-rate-optimization-for-Disp...

Thanks,
Anand

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The 80-90% is from AW campaign. Because the site is e-commerce website, I hope the users arrive the page can click one of the product.
Not the users arrive and exit without visit other pages.

I'd linking the account to GA, but I didn't set goal on GA and that's why I can't analyze the funnel.

Thank you

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @JacH

Landing Page Optimization 

If you are getting bounce rate more than 90% then you have to focus on your landing page.

1. Check your landing page theme, its related to your products or services, if not change it.

2. Use some CTA(Call to Action) words in top of the page/header part.

3. Engage with your customer with some feedback form.

4. Images should be customize.

5. Use Content product and feature in bullet format.

6. Use Chat option so customer can engage with tour landing page.

7. One more important thing you can choose or will do split testing with another page,

8. Landing page should be easy to navigate.

Please check your display campaigns some optimization points.

Campaign Optimization 

1. Campaign Placement:- Check your campaign automatic placement, from which website you are getting more click, review this website. If you think its not useful block this or exclude this.

2. Site Category Exclusion

3. Some changes in your display ad, if you are showing 70% off on your ad then it shoud be on your page as well.
4. Device Performance – Reviewing performance by device and using bid modifiers for mobile to bid higher or even exclude mobile completely is something that needs analyzed regularly just like your search campaigns.
5. Reach and Frequency – another report unique to display is the ‘reach and frequency’ report under the dimensions section of AdWords. Frequency is the number of times your ad is seen by a user.

Thanks 

Ashwani Kumar