3.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Reason for low QS if I have 100% IS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was wondering why I have keywords with low QS 1 and 100% Impression Share? .. Can someone explain that. 

Thank you

Adwords.PNG

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Reason for low QS if I have 100% IS

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Vivian,

What does the Quality Score Report under Status Column indicate? You can get that by clicking the bubble Icon under Status Column. Is your CTR, Ad Relevance or Landing Page above or below average?

Quality Score Report

Preeti 

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Vivian

I have seen this before at times. Aside from the fundamentals in how understanding QS is determined, it is possible to have a low qs and 100% impression share in certain circumstances I believe.

As for the reason, is your campaign targeting competitors brand names may I ask? I have seen similar examples in this type of approach. If so, you may need to work all the more harder to bring those QS up.

If not competitors, it may be a search term that doesn't get much competition and you are 1 of few advertisers? I have also seen this. I have heavily tested Ad copy in such circumstances.

It could also be Ad relevance or Landing page experience harming your QS. 

Hope that helps a little bit. Im sure others will chip in with their experiences.

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I see the following

Adwords2.PNG

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No , I am not targeting competitors name..
Competition it is High
Al response code is 200

Thank you

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Vivian,

There it is!!

1. Check your Keywords. Use Ad Diagnosis Tool to see whether your ads are showing for the keywords you have added to the Ad Group                                            https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/148778?hl=en
  2. Rework on your Ad Copy- Include at least one of your Keyword in Ad Copy and make sure your Landing Page is relevant to your Ad Copy. Its better to even have those Keywords in the Landing Page.
  3. Add some Relevant Ad Extension to enhance your Ad Performance  https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375499?vid=1-635755236337555705-11421159755367970666
  4. It seems  your Ad Position is even very low. I'm sure it isn't showing on the first page. If not try to Bid slightly higher than your current bid in parallel to new ad copy or new Landing page

Here are some links on creating a good ad copy & understand Quality score

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704392?hl=en

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454010?hl=en

Preeti

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Vivian A,

How many impressions do you get? Are other ads shown with yours using the Ad Preview tool? What is your average position? How is the conversion rate? Is the keyword profitable for you?

A 1/10 QS is alarming, but not necessarily a disaster. If the keyword works for you, keep using it.

The below average Landing Page Experience is something you should work on to improve. Is your site mobile friendly? Are you collecting personal information without a privacy statement? Is the site easy to navigate? Is the page load time acceptable to AdWords? Are there a lot of redirects involved?

And I have to mention, if your landing page were returning a 404 Not Found, the ad would be disapproved.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is for today, When I click to preview the Ad , I do see it in the first position. I Do have the keyword In my ad and landing, I do have terms and privacy links on my landings.. It is a very High competitive keyword

Adwords 4.PNG

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Quick question

• How long has it been adding this keyword?
  • Has this status been for a long time?                                                                                                                                  Historical Click- through- rates have an overwhelming impact on Quality Score               

There are couple of other factors too          

1. Your ad's expected CTR: This is based in part on your ad's historical clicks and impressions 
    2. Your display URL's past CTR: The historical clicks and impressions your display URL has received
    3. Geographic performance: How successful your account has been in the regions you're targeting
    4. Your targeted devices: How well your ads have been performing on different types of devices, like desktops/laptops, mobile devices, and tablets

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Vivian A,

The default QS to new keywords are 6 now according to the new update. Hence, the possibility is that your ads had better metrics initially because these averaged scores and this is the reason you got high search impression shares. Now, your keywords have got the actual QS that they may be deserving and hence they have declined. Eventually, your Impression Share too will decrease. 

There can be other side to it. Most of your keywords may by in restricted match types like phrase or exact, it does affect Search Impression Data you see. 

Further, you have got impressions almost every time your ads were eligible, but they may have consistently performed poor in terms of their ad positions, CTR, impact of ad formats, and landing page experience. This is the reason, your QS has dropped considerably. 

Now what? I agree with @petebardo. Go by his suggestions and work with your landing page to enhance its overall user experience, credibility, and accessibility. You must also take @Preeti Rao suggestions and work with your ad copies and extensions to boost ad relevance and the impact of ad formats. 

Once you get these optimized, give it a few days, they should improve. 

All the best!

Thanks
Ratan Jha