1.6K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Reactivate Campaign after Paused by Automated Rules

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have configured an automated rule for my campaign which pauses it when monthly budget reaches certain amount. However after the campaign was paused by automated rule, it didn't reactivate itself at the start of next month which I assumed it will. Any idea how to set a secondary rule to reactivate the campaign in the next month after paused by budget limit rule?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

You might be able to make a rule for the first of every month where the requirement is:

However I'm not sure if "Not eligible to run" works with campaigns?

Otherwise you can look for zero impressions the previous day, although that isn't perfect.

Of you can manually set enable campaign rules for each 1st of the month for the next year or two. If the campaign is already enabled, it won't matter. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob, thanks for your suggestions. I need the auto rule works with my budget which is the most important thing. So I end up choose enable campaign when budget > $$$, I believe this will ensure the campaign stay paused until the end of month, then reactivate when new budget assigned. I haven't fully test it yet. I happened to have a campaign paused by auto rules this month so very keen to see if the rule works, if so it's that'll be awesome.