Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Re: opposite of negative kws

Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

Hi ArneTR,

Yes, the modifier would narrow the matches; that's the point. As I understand this, with modified broad match, +install would match synonyms, otherwise it would be no different from phrase match. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't also include synonyms in the set of keywords.

Without the modifier, the ad impression could be triggered by any query that includes "install" or synonyms, not just for the service he provides. That would lead to a lower CTR, lower QS and higher CPC.

That's the way I see it, anyway. Thanks for your input here!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: opposite of negative kws

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I couldn't agree more with petebardo.
Using modified broad match is a much better way to go than broad match as both words have to be in the search term/phrase (regardless of order). And as was also mentioned, it's also good to use synonyms as well. You can read more on this by following this link:
http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2497702&from=175280&rd=1
Can I also add you should run a report to see which search terms triggered your ad to help you identify new search terms with high potential that you want to add as keywords (as phrase and/or exact match) and omit any terms that aren't relevant (negative keywords)