Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Re marketing Issues

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello,

I have created re marketing list in Google analytics and able to see the list (audience) in my ad words interface list size also more than 6,100. I have activated the campaign but till date I didnt received single impression for the campaign.

Please let me know what went wrong with my re marketing campaign.

Thanks,

Satya

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Re marketing Issues

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Satyasem,
Welcome to the community.

When you say you have "activated" the campaign, what EXACTLY did you do?
Is this a remarketing campaign for the display network?
Are you using the remarketing list for search bidding? (RLSA)
Are you using Dynamic remarketing?

There's a LOT of different options. Please let me know exactly what your INTENTION is and what you're doing to achieve that. The more detail you can provide, the more help I can provide.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Possible reasons :

1) Your audience comes from a City and the new Remarketing campaign targets another City.

2) Your targeting is narrowed too much, have you used other targeting than the Remarketing Audience ?

3) Are your Ads approved ?

4) If you are targeting the Display Network, do you also have text ads and all banner sizes ?

5) Does your audience include visitors from Mobile (mobile placed cookies) and in the new campaign you have perhaps disabled mobile targeting with a bid adjustment of -100% ?

From my experience, the daily impressions are around 5% of the remarketing list size if you use no frequency capping , meaning that for your 6000 cookies, you should receive around 300 daily impressions.

This happens mainly because not all visitors are online all the time and some of them delete their cookies and leave the audience list.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Dave,

Thanks for quick turnaround. I am using the remarketing list for search bidding. I have not added banners.

Thanks,
Satya

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Satyasem,
What bidding option are you using? Bid or Bid plus target?

How many keywords are in your campaign? What's the impression number for that campaign since your remarketing campaign went live?

Even though there's over 6000 people on the list, this is still quite small. Depending on the number of keywords in your campaign, it's possible that NONE of those people searched (again) for those keywords. Especially if it's a narrow subject area.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Adrian,

I have created remarketing for my search campaign (who visited and not converted) both are geo targeted and my ads are approved (created remarketing for display network with text ads)
No its not included mobile visitors

Thanks,
Satya

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Dave,

I dont have any keywords for my remarketing campaign. I have created campaign with display network with text ads (not added any banners)

Thanks,
Satya

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Hi Satyasem,
You said "I am using the remarketing list for search bidding" specifically.

Which is it?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Sorry its a typo

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

The setup for your Display Ad Group seems ok by the details you have given. Try rasing the bid until you generate some impressions. 

Has it been at least 2-3 days since you activated the campaign ? For an ad group when I have setup remarketing to a "similar to" audience, it took me 7 days until traffic started to be reported.

When you look under the tabs "Display Network" "Interests & Remarketing" , do you see your audiences listed as a targeting ?

Check the "Gender" and "Age" tabs also to see if you have set any restrictions there.